Porter the Hoarder Family Engagement Project
Porter the Hoarder is now part of a reading project that is state-wide in South Dakota and soon to roll-out across the nation!
Students, teachers, and school libraries each receive a special edition copy of Porter the Hoarder and the Ransacked Room. This is the first in a 64-book series will be given out before the book’s international publication.
Here’s how it works!
- All 1st grade students are provided their very own copy of Porter the Hoarder and the Ransacked Room.
- All teachers are provided additional books for the classroom bookshelves.
- All teachers are provided access to an eVersion of the book that can be projected on smartboards and read with the whole class.
- All teachers are provided a “how-to” video that demonstrate the objectives of the Porter experience and how to cultivate engagement in the classroom and at home.
- Parents are provided a fun, funny, and simple guide to reading the books with kids.
- School libraries are provided copies of the books for their collection. In test schools, these books rarely spend time on the shelf.